Northern Lights BJD

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Northern Lights BJD

A community for Ontario Ball Jointed Doll and all doll Lovers.

Norths FaceUp WorkShop

Norths_Fallen_Angel
    Norths_Fallen_Angel

Norths FaceUp WorkShop Empty Norths FaceUp WorkShop

Post  Norths_Fallen_Angel Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:57 pm

Ive decided that as I try new and different techniques with faceups, Im going to post them here and write tutorials about how to do it. What do you think? Good idea? Im doing it anyways, buwhaha!

On another note, I was thinking about hosting a faceup workshop for those interested in learning to do faceups, body blushing, mani's and pedi's. I can also do custom work, modifications and tattooing at a later date. Let me know if your interested!
    Norths_Fallen_Angel
    Norths_Fallen_Angel

Norths FaceUp WorkShop Empty Re: Norths FaceUp WorkShop

Post  Norths_Fallen_Angel Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:03 pm

Okay so ive been having some fun recently doing more gothic faceups...this one didnt turn out so well and is going to be redone, but I am not above showing off my mistakes!

Norths FaceUp WorkShop Abc464

The eyebrows were done in acrylic watered down with a paint thinner, and then glossed over. They came out way too dark and thick for this little MSD, but I love the shaping, which I did by drawing triangles with pastels.

Norths_Fallen_Angel
    Norths_Fallen_Angel

Post  Norths_Fallen_Angel Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:09 pm

This faceup is a more natural looking style done on an 08' Man Head from Luts. It was done with pure pastel and a little bit of watercolor paint. I really like the way this faceup turned out.

Norths FaceUp WorkShop Abc025
    Norths FaceUp WorkShop Abc023
    Norths FaceUp WorkShop Abc024
    Norths FaceUp WorkShop Abc017

For the blushing around the eyes, I used a very small angled flat brush and just went up to the crease. The lips were done much the same wau with a darker pastel and were glossed later.
    Norths_Fallen_Angel
    Norths_Fallen_Angel

Post  Norths_Fallen_Angel Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:18 pm

This doll was a nightmare to work on. She came to me as a chipped, scarred, gouged, 22mm eyed mess. Yes, 22mm eyes!!! I speant nearly 2 years sanding, remolding, filling and building up this dolls face, let alone what I did with her body. She required alot of darker, more colorfull painting to make her eyes smaller, which are now 18mm eyes. Not too bad, Ne?

Norths FaceUp WorkShop Abc462
    Norths FaceUp WorkShop Abc458

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:05 pm